We have loved these banana Greek yogurt waffles for years and I am so excited to share this recipe with you. They’re warm, crisp and soft. The Greek yogurt not only makes the waffles soft, but it adds a little bit of tang to the waffles. Right off the waffle iron, add butter and maple syrup and these are sure to be your next family’s favorite banana waffle recipe.
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 eggs, separated
- 2 cups plain Greek yogurt
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 2 bananas, smashed
- In a large bowl, combine flour, salt, baking soda, & baking powder. Set aside
- In a small bowl beat egg whites until light peaks form.
- In a medium bowl, combine egg yolk, Greek yogurt, milk, melted butter, & mashed banana.
- Add banana mixture to flour mixture. You may need to add more milk. Sometimes it just depends on how dry it is in the air. Fold in whipped egg white.
- Cook waffles according to waffle maker instructions.
We enjoy these with regular old butter and maple syrup. But, we have used strawberries, blueberries or sliced bananas and loved them.