Create a pretty space for your family to organize your study of The New Testament as outlined in the Come, Follow Me for Individuals and Families manual by The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. This includes the following:
- “2019” title and mat (plain and patterned)
- “Come Follow Me” Flag Swag (plain and patterned)
- “Come Follow Me” Letters for flag sway (filled and unfilled)
- “Week #” banner and mat (plain and patterned)
- “The New Testament” banner (plain and patterned)
- “Quote of the Week:” quote bubble (plain and patterned)
- “This Week’s Family Activity” banner (plain and patterned)
- “Scripture of the Week” banner (plain and patterned)
- “This Week We Are Learning” title and mat (plain and patterned)
- “This Week I Will Try To:” flag and mat (plain and patterned)
- “Book of Mormon Recap” frame and mat (plain and patterned)
- Weeks pertaining to the week being studied.
- Titles and scriptures focus paper slips.
- Book of Mormon scriptures paper slips to coordinate with the weeks so that the Book of Mormon can also be finished in 52 weeks.
This item is as is. No alterations or customizations.
When this was created, I printed them on scrapbook paper, but I have included some patterned shapes as well as some plain shapes in case you would like to print them on your own patterned paper as I have done. Once printed, you can customize the size of the prints by telling your printer to print at 100% or lower the percentage if you need them smaller. As a reference, each banner flag is 2.8 x 4.5 inches and the board I displayed everything on is 32 x 40 inches.
How We Use This
I’m all about making this simple. This is pretty, but it’s very functional if used correctly. Every week we change the week # (to reflect what week we are on), the lesson focus slip, the Book of Mormon scriptures focus slip, the quote of the week, the scripture of the week, and who is doing the Book of Mormon Recap. When finding a new scripture and quote of the week, I just find one that I like for the next week in the Come Follow Me manual, or something in my planner that just happens to go along with the lesson. Nothing too complicated, don’t overthink this.
We also encourage our family to memorize the scripture of the week. So, I try not to make it a very difficult scripture. We use a magnet board that doubles as a dry erase board. We just used what we had on hand. You could easily use a whiteboard that is magnetic, a magnetic chalkboard, or a corkboard and print your quotes, scriptures, and week # to pin on your board.
Book of Mormon Recap
The Book of Mormon Recap is a way for us to still incorporate the Book of Mormon without feeling like all of this scripture study is so overwhelming. We try to study the Book of Mormon on our own using a study guide and a journal. On Sunday, we come together and talk about what how we felt and what we learned from our studies this week. The name of the person in the “Book of Mormon Recap” frame is the one who will lead the discussion.