I used to use my family recipe for banana bread. But, I always felt that it was heavy and full of sugar. This healthy banana bread is light and fluffy and has no sugar. Our family loves this healthy sugar free whole wheat banana bread! My kids go ga-ga over it! I have to make sure that we have several ripe bananas before I start this because one loaf will not do.
- 1/3 Cup coconut oil, melted
- 1/2 Cup honey, or maple syrup
- 2 eggs
- 1 Cup ripe bananas, mashed. About 2 1/2 medium bananas
- 1/4 Cup milk, lowfat
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 3/4 Cup whole wheat flour
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees and grease a 9x5 inch loaf pan.
- In a large bowl, beat the oil and honey together with a wisk. Add the eggs and beat well. Then, wisk in the mashed bananas and milk.
- Add the baking soda, vanilla, salt and cinnamon. Wisk to blend. Stir in the flour with a large spoon. At this point, you could fold in nuts, dried fruit, chocolate chips or any mix ins you would like.
- Pour the batter into your greased loaf pan and sprinkle lightly with extra cinnamon.
- Bake for 55-60 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Let the bread cool in the loaf pan for 10 minutes, then transfer it to a wire rack to cool for 20 minutes before slicing.
- We have been able to let the bread cool and slice immediately. We enjoy the warm goodness.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Serving Size2 slices
Amount Per Serving Calories 424 Total Fat 15g Saturated Fat 11g Trans Fat 0g Unsaturated Fat 3g Cholesterol 63mg Sodium 418mg Carbohydrates 70g Fiber 6g Sugar 35g Protein 8g